Saturday, February 18, 2006

Day 11

The reason my titles are in reference to the amount of days I've been here is because I'm too lazy to think up interesting titles. Its Saturday afternoon now. Yesterday I was in New york at the mastering of the new CD. It was a long, tiring and draining day but really good. Dave & John Schmitz, Bekah and myself went on the trip. We visited a friend of theirs in New york first which was good but we ended up getting lost on the way from her place to the studio. The road signs there are crazy, they put them between a fork in the road and don't tell which direction the sign is for. It was frustrating. But we eventually got there and the studio is right smack in the middle of Manhattan so we drove up 34th street and all that. We got to the studio and it was on the 6th floor of this building and had a beautiful view of the city. They had a load of free food and drink and they were really sound. The reception of the studio is like a penthouse suite with a fancy kitchen. It was luxury. There was loads of platinum discs of the wall from every artist imaginable. This was a real high class studio. So anyways we go into the mastering studio and began the tedious process. UE ( say it like its spelt ) was the guy who mastered it and he went through each track one by one adjusting the volume, then sequencing it and adjusting the fade In's and outs on each track. It was really interesting to see the process of how its done. We spent 5 hours in the studio in total. I didn't see the city really but the experience of the studio was brilliant. I think I'll have another opportunity to see the city while I'm here. I'm doing good but it would be great to hear from you all. I'd love to get emails from ye. Keep in touch.

2 comments:

PatMan said...

Hi Phil,

I would say that in actual fact your Titles make the blogs sound & even appear something of a journal of an adventure in the wild wilderness...

Prayers are with you...

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Everything you're doing sounds so cool, I'm fierce jealous! Things are going well here, Dennies Kombonga came out to or College (yes college not school) today which was class. I was going to comment saying I hope you haven't lost d'ole cork accent but i saw you used the word "sound" and trust you haven't!! Missing you so much,
Emer xxx