Sunday, February 18, 2007

Peanut Butter...

isn't it a fantastic thing. Tonight I had peanut butter and toast with a glass of milk and I had the urge to blog. I've been eating peanut butter for as far back as I can remember. I don't remember my life without peanut butter. Its weird, having spent the last year in North America I realise they put peanut butter in everything. I have a huge fondness for peanut butter in a spread form but I'm not partial to the other varieties it comes in like chocolate, ice-cream etc. Its weird because its my favourite spread of all time but I'm not fond of it in other products. Maybe it could be due to the fact I've grown up with peanut butter in one format for my entire life and experiencing it in so many other varieties at once is just too much.

Then there is the age old dilemma of crunchy or smooth. It doesn't really bother me which I have, whatever is in the cupboard is fine. However, for some it must be one or the other. I found crunchy annoying when I had braces for most of my teenage years and smooth just goes down easy. There's pros and cons for both. For my North American friends there's a whole load of other varieties with the peanut butter spread range but that's for another day. This is just a toast to a wonderful food product that has impacted my life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...you and your peanut butter...and your milk...and your toast! :)

Anonymous said...

ooo...brittni just told me there's a peanut butter flu going around. there's two types you're not suppose to eat...Peter Pan and ummm...can't remember the other kind; but heads up! ;) gotchya covered, lol.