Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 117

Again my apologies for the long gap between my posts but life is busy here and has been especially over this last two weeks. When I last posted I was in the middle of a fast which God brought me through. It was really good. I spent a lot of time in prayer, reading my bible and just seeking the Lord. Since then I've been to Philadelphia which was an amazing experience. Its still hard to believe there's a third world in the richest nation in the world. We went right down into east Philadelphia to Kensington Ave. This is an area that is rife with poverty, addiction and prostitution. Us guys slept right in the ghetto in this empty women's drop in centre place with no air conditioning. We went to sleep to hip hop beats and other sounds of the ghetto. That's an experience everyone should have. The main reason we were there was to bless the people. There was a large Markee set up in the park that's right along where all the solicitation goes on. We set up a sound system and worshipped over the course of the day. We handed out hundreds of bags of groceries and fed people. We prayed for everyone who came in. Every person had a heart breaking story and tears just flowed when we prayed for people. The place is rife with drug addiction. We were told every third house surrounding the park was a crack house. Some of our group found drugs on the ground under the tent and people would be taking heroin literally 30 feet away. It was an experience I'll never forget. Most importantly God was there. People we touched. We saw people healed and we had some amazing times of worship not just in the music we played but in just reaching out to the people in the community. So that was an amazing weekend.
At the moment we're in the middle of the "Come up here" conference and its been really good so far. My Mom is here as well as Doug, Julie and Eilish so its been great spending time with them and catching up. I don't have much more time left here but it has been an amazing experience. I'll be home in 33 days or so. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. God bless.

2 comments:

PatMan said...

My best to all at the conference & my prayers are continuous with you .....

Denise said...

Hey

Just wanted to say that I watched you the last time you played on the thursday night, everyone said you sounded really really good, but that you need a haircut...haha. miss you

when you coming back here?